Sunday, February 28, 2010

Diggin' Through Academy Records

As I posted yesterday, I went into Manhattan yesterday looking for a new record store with a friend who came up from Miami to visit.  We decided on a small place on 5th and 18th called Academy Records, and that wasn't what I expected. It was ALL classical music; LP and/or CD.  Luckily, they had a neighboring store on 12th street, called Academy LP.  THAT was a record store.  Check it out sometime.  Anywho, long story short.  I did not end up buying too much.  I want to wait till Record Store Day to spend some real cash on any vinyl.  I ended up getting the latest Joanna Newsom triple LP, Have One on Me, the latest Via Audio album (on CD), Animalore, and the classic 1982 LP by Roxy Music, Avalon.

I TOLD you how much I LOVE the latest Joanna Newsom album, in my first review.

Via Audio's latest release wasn't given the greatest review on Pitchfork, but I reeeeaaally liked the album artwork and it was a $5 CD, so no loss.  I'll give it a review in a few.

And last, but not least, Roxy Music's Avalon.  Absolute classic, and I considered myself lucky to find an original printing of the record from 1982.  The music is priceless, and I was happy to spend an easy $8 on it.  I'll most certainly review this Sonic Opus for you all.  It's a must have in any collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment