Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sonic Opus: The first post

I've, for quite some time, wished to become a contributor of sorts to a music website, using my love and "knowledge" of the subject to adequately help critique it, but up until now, I haven't had the courage to pursue it. And by courage, I mean to say that it does (in a sense) seem like a daunting task. For one, I have no idea who will care to read my reviews and/or rantings on the subject and whether anyone will listen to my advice or views on certain music. And secondly, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this up. I've been adamant on starting anything like this, because I am not personally confident with my ability to keep it coming regularly.

So, this marks my first line of business. I don't plan on writing a review or suggesting an album on a regular basis. Rather, I'll go at my own steady pace, for now, reviewing what and when I want to. During some weeks, I may post a lot, while other weeks I may not post at all. What kind of music will I talk about? All kinds. Old and new. ANY genre. Obscure or mainstream (I prefer the obscure, though.) My hope is to be able to entice you into listening to some of the amazing stuff there is out there, and help you discover sounds you've never dreamed of.

I don't plan, however, to partake in too much file sharing. I may, on occasion, post a link towards a download, but for future reference, I absolutely positively have no connection toward the files and them being uploaded onto the internet. If you own rights to a band/artist and I do happen to have a link to a download posted onto this blog that you want removed, please contact me and I will most certainly take it down immediately. Any links that I do post, however will definitely be in a lossless format (I'm a big audiophile), but should be deleted in two days after downloaded. I want to support the artists I review, not hinder their efforts. Please, if you like the music, buy it; go see them in concert; get a t-shirt with their name on it: this is how they make their living.

Anyway, I believe I should introduce myself a little. I'm posting under the profile "Bamboojled," and that is pronounced like bamboozled with a j. People often confuse it as saying "Bamboo Jedi," which is far from what I meant from it, (but probably a little cooler). You may call me Dakota, though, because that is my first name. I am male, not female. I received a large portion of my musical taste from my father and my favorite band of ALL time is The Beatles. Uhh, I currently reside outside of New York City.

I truly hope whoever stumbles on this blog enjoys it thoroughly enough to follow. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment